IMI plc is bringing all of its Norgren businesses - including Watson Smith - into a newly branded division: IMI Precision Engineering.
Cross Chancellor Street
Tel: 0113 245 7587
Watson Smith was acquired by IMI in 1985 bringing significant expertise in pneumatic proportional control and that innovation has continued as a Norgren business.
Important developments in the Norgren businesses
As part of a commitment to creating a truly world-class company, IMI plc is bringing all of its Norgren businesses – which include Watson Smith, Buschjost, FAS, Thompson Valves and IMI Webber – into a newly branded division: IMI Precision Engineering. This change is being supported with an on-going programme of continuous improvement and investment in our supply chain, in innovation, in manufacturing efficiency, customer service and after sales support.
Initially, you will see business as usual. You’ll still receive the same high level of support and products, from the same expert teams. Over time, as our investment takes effect you’ll experience an improving service, more reliable on time delivery and a steady flow of new products.
- We officially launch our new brand in January 2015
- Over time, all Norgren businesses will trade as IMI Precision Engineering
- Our portfolio of products will be brought together under five new product brands: IMI Norgren, IMI Buschjost, IMI FAS, IMI Herion and IMI Maxseal
- We will continue to focus on key sectors including Energy, Commercial Vehicles, Life Sciences, Rail and Food & Beverage
- We'll make significant investment in Industrial Automation – including auto in-plant, machine tools and general industry.