- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Do we pass your personal information to third parties?
- How do we use your information for marketing?
- Where do we send your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- Third Party Websites
- How do we protect your personal information?
- Your rights
- Contacting us
- Additional rights
1) What personal information do we collect?
At times we may request that you supply us with personal information. Generally this personal information is requested when you want us to provide you with information or a service. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide to by filling in forms on the website including name, address, email address, telephone number, Norgren account number, company details and details of your employer;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions carried out through our website or through other channels and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- any personal information you may provide to us in comment boxes or while using our "Live Chat" functionality; and
- details of your visits to the website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, including but not limited to your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer of other device) and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
2) How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information services and products that you have requested e.g. a catalogue;
- to create and run your user sales account;
- to process your order and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide after-sales services to you, including but not limited to administering return or refund policies;
- to analyse how you use the website;
- to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests;
- if you place an order and/or open a sales account with us then we will use your personal data for trade screening against international restricted and denied parties lists;
- to provide you with suggested local distributors who stock products that you are interested in;
- in order to market to you by post, e-mail, SMS or over the telephone (please see section 4 below for further details);
- for training, quality control and staff safeguarding purposes; and
- to enable you to use interactive features on our website such as an instant messaging service called "Live Chat".
3) Do we pass your personal information to third parties?
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates, business partners (such as the Live Chat service provider) and selected third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy, who will be subject to obligations to process such information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
We may disclose personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies when we reasonably believe we are required by law or in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world.
4) Marketing and monitoring
We may share your information with our group companies for marketing purposes. We may send you marketing information about our own and other organisations' goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you and where required by law, we will ask you for your consent at the time we collect your personal information to conduct any of these types of marketing.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further marketing communications on any electronic communication sent to you or may opt-out from receiving marketing information from us by contacting us using the details below.
For quality control, training and staff safeguarding purposes, we may monitor or record your calls with us and the "Live Chat" service (when this is available). When you use the “Live Chat” function, we will collect your name and address.
5) Where do we send your personal information?
We are a global company and therefore your personal information may be transferred, accessed, processed or stored in countries around the world including the US and other countries the European Economic Area (EEA) in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. Regardless of location, we will, where necessary, put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure your information is adequately protected.
6) How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose for which they were collected. Certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the time limit for claims in respect of the transaction has expired or in order to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such personal information.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please see our Cookies Policy.
Please click here to manage the cookies we use. By restricting our cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
8) Third Party Websites
9) How do we protect your personal information?
No data transmission over the Internet or site can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we take commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural measures to protect the personal information disclosed to us in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
All personal information you provide to us is accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site, but use encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information, such as credit card information. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
10) Your rights
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee in certain jurisdictions), to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected and to object, where legitimate, to the processing of personal information relating to you. Please note that there may be certain categories of information we are entitled not to provide.
Please contact us using the details set out below to exercise your rights.
12) How to change your choices and contact us
If your personal information changes, you don't want us to send you the information you have requested (including to opt-out of future marketing), you wish to exercise any of your right or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13) Additional Rights
Updated September 2016